At the Kent Redding Group were proud to work with a diverse group of Realtors® including agents who have relocated to Austin from locations around the world like Kym Martin, a native from Adelaide Australia, (Austin’s sister city). Kym has also lived in Sydney, Seattle, Hong Kong and she is proud to call Austin home now for over a decade.
Though her expertise lies in relocation, contract negotiation and investment work, Kym continues to serve all buyers, sellers, and investors with any and all Real Estate needs. Her infectious enthusiasm and knowledge for the Austin market sets her apart from other Realtors. If you have any questions or Real Estate needs please contact Kym via email, text or phone.
In this Q&A article we would like you to get to know Kym Martin and the wide variety of benefits she can offer you regardless if you plan on buying or selling a home in Austin Texas.
1. What surprised you most about your first transaction?
I was working with a lovely young professional couple helping them buy a home. I was under the mistaken impression that once we submitted an offer for a house and it was accepted, all the hard work would be over. I thought after the contract was signed, my job would be a little easier until closing. Wow! I couldn't have been more wrong. Once the contract is signed there is a lot more work to do. You're really just at the half way point as a Realtor. Here are just a few of the things that happen AFTER the contract is signed which is why it's so important to have someone representing you during the entire process when you're buying or selling, not just marketing the house. If something is missed or late, it could cost you thousands of dollars or even your home. (These are not necessarily in order and I haven't listed everything, just a few).
- Escrow account opened
- Earnest and Option cheques deposited within timelines specified in contract
- Home Inspection ordered
- Homeowners Insurance arranged. Proof sent to Escrow Company.
- Inspection reviewed, discussed, negotiated within time frames of contract
- Apply and obtain finance
- HUD1 details sent from lender to buyer and agent
- Agent adjusts figures as needed with escrow as per clients HUD1
- Title on property established
- Survey ordered
- Final inspection arranged and performed
- Money transferred
- Agent makes sure lender and escrow have everything they need to close on time
2. What's your favorite source of joy?
Without a moment’s hesitation, unequivocally it's my two incredible kids. The joy they have bought to my life is like nothing else. I am so incredibly proud of them & love them more than I ever thought possible. OK that's enough of those sorts of questions, I'm starting to blubber all over my keyboard :-)
3. What are your passions / hobbies outside of real estate?
I love jazz music, playing piano, beaches, and dinner’s parties where there is so much laughter, someone falls off of their chair (yes this actually happened recently).
4. What specific marketing systems and approaches will you use to see my home?
To successfully promote your property to the market, a comprehensive plan of targeted activities is essential. My marketing program will incorporate the following approaches: The internet - your home will not just be listed on the MLS, but featured on 25+ websites exposing your home 24/7 to the widest possible audience. The Berkshire Hathaway brand is associated with premium quality. We offer worldwide brand recognition along with unparalleled quality and uncompromising service. I'll promote your property directly with buyers through print advertising, yard signs, open houses, and placement in luxury & prestigious publications. I also work to directly promote properties to other real estate professionals through business groups, private broker tours, and the Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Network. I promise to review the results of our marketing activities regularly and consult with you to fine-tune our marketing strategy as needed. Regular and open communication between my clients and I is always a top priority for me.
5. What are the top 3 places you would suggest an out of town client see / do in Austin?
- Absolutely go to the Broken Spoke. My parents visited last summer from Australia and I took them there one Saturday night. They loved it and had never experienced anything like it. It's absolutely an Austin icon.
- Zilker Springs in the summer is a must or if it's winter, I'd replace that with a tour of the capital building.
- Lastly you have to eat BBQ. Texan's can get pretty selective about their favorite BBQ joint, finding your favorite is like a national sport here! But the truth is it doesn't really matter where you go, they are all fantastic and unique to Austin. Franklin, Stubbs, County Line, Rudy's, Salt Lick ....the list goes on and on.
Contact Kym Martin Today
To get started with buying or selling Austin Real Estate contact Kym Martin and the Kent Redding Group today by calling her at 512-767-5284 or email her by clicking here.