Are you planning on selling your home in 2019? If so, now is the perfect time for you to focus on increasing the value of your house before selling it and you can successfully do this by following these tips.
Tip #1 – Improve the Curb Appeal of Your Home
If you ask any home buyer, they will tell you that curb appeal is one of the most important things that influences them to get out of their vehicles and check out a home because if an Austin Home for Sale looks great on the outside this will motivate the buyer to find out what the home might have on the inside.
To start improving the curb appeal of your home consider doing the following: Trim back overgrown trees, shrubs or plants from your front yard.
- Mow your lawn, fertilize and plant sod if needed.
- Plant new flowers.
- Paint your mailbox and fence.
- Power wash your driveway and sidewalk in front of your home.
Tip #2 – Revitalize Your Kitchen
The next thing that buyers want to find in Austin Real Estate is a kitchen that’s bright, organized and spacious.
You can give your kitchen a “makeover” by doing the following:
- Paint your kitchen cabinets white – This helps to open up the kitchen and make it appear to be larger.
- Replace kitchen cabinet door knobs and handles.
- De-clutter your kitchen by removing large items from your shelves and storing them away.
- Purchase matching appliances for your kitchen.
- Replace your kitchen floor.
Tip #3 – De-Clutter Your Closets
Go through each closet in your Austin Texas Home for Sale and de-clutter one closet at a time by removing jackets or coats that you don’t wear very often and placing large bulky items like exercise gear in storage.
Tip #4 – Give Your Bathrooms a Makeover
In today’s Austin Texas Real Estate market home buyers want to find bathrooms that offer a finished, spa-like feel and this can be accomplished by doing the following:
- Remove any carpeting from your bathroom and replace with tile, slate or durable vinyl flooring.
- Repaint your bathroom cabinets and replace door knobs/drawer handles.
- Replace any burned out light bulbs in your bathroom light fixtures.
- Purchase a new shower curtain, towels and washcloths.
- Thoroughly clean the shower and bathtub in your bathroom.
- Add a small fountain to the bathroom – The sound of trickling water helps with creating a spa-like feel.
- Purchase candles for your bathroom.
Tip #5 – Renovate the Bedrooms in Your Home
Last of all, but most important, the bedrooms are a key part of every home that will interest buyers.
Regardless if the bedrooms in your home are large or small you can make them feel spacious and appealing to any buyer by doing the following:
Remove wallpaper from the bedroom walls and repaint walls neutral colors. This step helps each bedroom to be an “open canvas” for the buyer to envision themselves living in the home.
De-clutter each bedroom by removing large, bulky pieces of furniture and keep minimal pieces of furniture to emphasize the space of the bedroom.
Replace bedding with neutral colored bedding while adding one or more colorful pillows to the bed to add pops of color.
Improve the lighting in the bedrooms to your home by replacing burned out bulbs.
Have any carpeting or rugs in the bedrooms to your home professionally cleaned.
Sell Your Austin Home In 2019
To get started with selling your Austin Texas home in 2019 contact us today by calling (512) 306-1001 or click here to connect with us online.